How to ensure COP compliance and boost productivity
- Targeted digital data capture
- Built in reject integrity test
- Real-time reporting functionality
Amidst tight deadlines and pressure to deliver on time, the need for food manufacturers to increase productivity has never been greater. In essence, this means doing more with less.
Paradoxically, you’re also facing stricter demands for compliance with food safety regulations and retailers’ codes of practice (COPs).
To kill two (metaphorical) birds with one stone, food manufacturers across Europe are turning in increasing numbers to our Cerebus, Cerberus Twin Head, Titan, Theia, Apollo and Raptor machines.
Combining targeted data capture, a built-in reject integrity test and real-time reporting functionality, our check weighing and vision inspection products ensure you’re compliant and increase your productivity. What’s more, they’re the only machines on the market with this combined capability.
Ensure compliance with targeted digital data capture
Retailers’ COPs require strict food safety processes to be documented, implemented and monitored. What’s more, unannounced audits mean that records need to be immediately available to prove that procedures are being followed consistently and correctly.
Our inspection and check weighing equipment delivers interactive, user configurable checklists that guide your operators through the process, ensuring compliance with the latest COPs while increasing efficiency.
- Data is captured by customer COP, specific check, and even specific employee.
- Once captured, data is automatically sent as a CSV and PDF file to your network in real-time, where it can be viewed instantly by managers and compliance auditors.
- Any problems are immediately flagged for investigation, helping ensure the highest levels of compliance.
- Digital records can be easily shared with retailers, providing a gold standard service and improving your supplier relationship.
Increase productivity with the reject integrity test
Most COP checks are still recorded manually on paper. This is time-consuming and prone to errors or even falsification, and records can be easily mislaid or damaged in a busy production environment.
However, with our machines, reject integrity tests are automatically scheduled, easy to follow, properly recorded and instantly filed. What’s more, if the results are not as expected, an alert message will be sent directly to the appropriate supervisor.
- Equipment provides a status message and visual indication that a reject integrity test is due.
- Step-by-step instructions, along with graphics and images, guide operators through the process clearly and consistently, monitoring their actions and the test results.
Not only does this reduce your operator training time and costs. The secure, time-stamped, digital record of who carried out the check, as well as the test result, gives you absolute peace of mind. As a result, the quality of your testing and record keeping are improved and your productivity is increased.
Drive performance with real-time data
Spotting when things are going wrong can be difficult for managers, particularly if they’re not based on site. With paper-based checklists, there’s no real-time reporting, and no indication of which operator is carrying out the task.
- By switching to Sparc Systems and receiving data in real-time, your managers benefit from automatic alerts if checks have not been carried out or if issues occur.
- As a result, it’s straightforward to analyse staff activities in real-time, helping to ensure that they’re performing effectively, wherever they are.
Getting the best out of your team is central to your success, yet existing paper-based checklists make it difficult to get new joiners and temps trained and up to speed quickly. Our digital COP management ensures consistency, reduces risks and drives productivity, minimising the impact of staff churn.
Ultimately, those manufacturers that rely on new or temporary operators and old style paper records are setting their businesses up to fail. Missed checks or incomplete paperwork lead to decreased supplier confidence and, if not managed properly, the loss of hard-won business.
However, (to continue the two birds/one stone metaphor!) with their incorporated reject integrity test and real-time reporting functionality, our machines are the perfect tool to achieve compliance and productivity in one clean shot!
Looking for ways to avoid product recalls? Find out why you don’t need Superman to succeed in our blog.